So, you are aware of the ways that a chair massage event can benefit your employees’ morale and wellness and you know your staff deserves a day of pampering. Now that you’ve booked your staff a chair massage event with us, there are a few things you and your staff should know before our arrival.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. The idea behind this whole event is to relax and improve circulation. Wearing tight or restrictive clothing will only inhibit circulation flow and prevent or restrict the muscles from releasing tension.
- Hydrate. Drinking water improves blood circulation. Avoid alcohol the evening prior to our visit and limit caffeine and sugar intake. Alcohol, sugar, and caffeine can have a dehydrating effect on our bodies. Be sure to increase your water intake throughout the day of the chair massage event. Your massage will loosen your muscles and release toxins built up within them. Drinking water will allow your system to flush and clear those toxins from your body.
- Remember to breathe normally throughout the massage. As your muscles are manipulated throughout the chair massage event, it is important to remember that oxygen plays a huge role in this process. Deep breaths will promote blood flow. This will affect the lymphatic system and aid in detoxification of your organs. Deep breathing will also lower your blood pressure and heart rate, decreasing tension and stress and increasing relaxation.
- Remember to relax your mind and your muscles. As you receive your massage, be sure not to contract or tighten your muscles. This may cause you some discomfort or soreness. Be sure to let your masseuse know if any of their actions are causing you pain or discomfort. Allow your mind to let go of any nagging or negative thoughts. Enjoy this time. Give your brain a rest and focus on your breathing.
- Communicate. Let your masseuse know if a particular area is giving you grief such as a stiff neck or aching lower back. This information will help us in giving you a better experience.
- Stretch throughout the day. As the day progresses, be sure to give your muscles a good stretch every few hours to encourage circulation and reinforce relaxation.
- Avoid that late day workout. We encourage you not to plan on working out for twelve to twenty-four hours after receiving your massage. This allows your muscles healing time. You’ll also avoid the risk of being overly tired or injuring yourself. Remember a massage can have the same effect on your muscles as a hard workout. Plan on giving yourself time to recover.
- Plan on light snacking. Your circulatory system will increase productivity, thus increasing the chances your digestive system will be triggered as well. We don’t recommend a heavy meal right after your chair massage event. Give your body time to recover and restore itself before loading it up with a full-sized meal. Heavy meals can make you feel sluggish and slow. This will defeat the purpose of receiving your massage to feel rejuvenated.
- Skip that coffee break after the massage. Wait at least 2 hours after our visit before you return to the breakroom for your coffee cup. Drinking caffeine can promote muscular tension. Try a cup of herbal tea or a glass of water instead.
- Smile and enjoy the rest of your day. Your chair massage event was scheduled to give you a session of pampering. We want you to feel invigorated. We want to help restore your physical and mental well-being. Once you’ve received your massage, you should feel relaxed and rejuvenated. Embrace that feeling!
No matter what, the most important thing your staff needs to know is to just sit back and relax. It feels great to be “kneaded”, so let us take care of all those hard to reach spots. Now that you’re prepared for our session, contact us and schedule your chair massage event.