Have you ever given any thought to the benefits of chair massage in the workplace? Happy employees are the key to a successful business. When they’re happy, they thrive in their environment. When they’re unhappy, your productivity suffers. It’s an endless cycle which can either make or break your workforce. Your staff is the backbone of your business. They are the working gears of the machine. By taking care of your employees, you’re not only taking care of their health, but the health of your business as well.
Providing a massage day for your staff sends out two very important messages: they matter to you and you appreciate their hard work. According to Harvard Business Review, the largest motivation for employees is to feel that their supervisors are genuinely interested in their health and happiness. The benefits of chair massage in the workplace are numerable. Most importantly, scheduling a massage day for your staff gives them the message that you care about their health and emotional wellness.
We’ve put together five reasons why your staff deserves a massage day:
- Happy employees are productive and efficient. When employees are happy, they are more likely to work efficiently and produce their best work. Feeling appreciated is of great value to an employee. It is a fundamental need to all humans. It provides satisfaction and a desire to maintain or improve their work standards.
- Happy and healthy employees lower absenteeism. Chair massage sessions demonstrate your commitment to your employees’ happiness and health. By addressing stress factors your employees may be suffering both at work and at home, you’re preventing future sick days or call-outs. Most employees miss work due to burnout, low morale, or depression. By providing a day of relaxation in the office, you’re ensuring your employees stay engaged, relaxed, and happy in their work environment.
- Happy employees are customer driven. Employees with pleasant attitudes will go beyond the call of duty to satisfy their customers. They’ll be polite, outgoing, and enthusiastic. A happy employee will genuinely enjoy their work and work environment. This enjoyment encourages interaction and engagement between your staff members and customers.
- Happy employees are motivated. When a person is feeling positive, the brain works more efficiently. Motivated employees will effectively work harder and be better at problem-solving.
- Happy employees are healthier. We’ve established that massage enhances health. It encourages relaxation and better circulation. Happy employees are healthy employees. By taking care of their emotional and physical well-being, you’re ensuring the overall health of your entire business. Be sure to read our blog which addresses the benefits of chair massage in the workplace: Three Ways Massage Benefits Employees’ Minds and Bodies.
Our bodies encounter large amounts of stress and fatigue in our day-to-day activities. The benefits of chair massage in the workplace outnumber these daily stress factors. By releasing the stress in the muscles and joints, we allow the mind to relax and feel pampered in the process. Chair massages shouldn’t be considered a luxury, but a necessity for the overall health and happiness of every single staff member. Contact us today to schedule your staff’s next chair massage experience by clicking here.